Guess What? The Grilling Season is On!


Well, spring is finally upon us and as the weather keeps getting warmer and the days keep getting longer, the cooking can now be shifted outside to the outdoor grill. My Weber charcoal grill has been out of its winter storage home (ie. the garage) for a couple of weeks now and on this gorgeous, breezy spring day, I thought what better ways to enjoy the waning evening hours than to grill some burgers and a couple of juicy steaks for dinner. It's official, grilling can now commence with vigor!


The burgers are a mix of ground beef (75%) and pork (25%) and spices like coriander, garlic powder, a touch of cumin, oregano flakes, chili powder, salt and pepper, together with eggs and breadcrumbs as binders. Mix everything together and let it sit for about an hour in the refrigerator in order for the mixture to come together. As for the type of bread, I like to use buttered slices of sourdough, grilled and oozing with melting cheddar cheese. As for the steaks, I like NY strips and T-bone or Porterhouse cuts. As for seasoning for the steaks, I like McCormick Grill Mates Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning and I use it on all my steaks and also on pork roasts.

I'm so excited. Grilling season just started and I'm already bristling with various ideas of what to put on the grill in the coming months. Can't wait and I'll be sure to bring you with me!
Fashion Fashion