Idol Chat

I watched all 13 contestant's last night. My obsession has dwindled on Jacob Lusk a skosh. A few of the main reasons: 1) How can your idol be R Kelly? A little weird and 2) My hilarious friend said he reminded her of a big blubbering singing baby. Which, is ridiculous and I can't get her comment out of my head. Ha. Moving on...one of my other favorites Lauren Alaina sang Shania Twain's "Any Man of Mine,"
and I was so excited because I love me some Shania. Just ask any of my college buddies who had to hear me sing one of her songs every time a microphone was around. I think she got nervous? I hope America doesn't do anything crazy and vote her off. Also, her mom and her look like twins, which, is slightly disturbing. I really liked Casey who sang Joe Cocker's "With A Little Help From My Friends" although I think he added "he wanted to get high with his friends" a couple more times than necessary. Scotty McCreery sang Garth Brooks "The River" and it was just fine. I'm excited to see him open up and play more to the audience like he did last night. I totally did the over-the-head-clap. It'll be interesting to watch him try to sing something out of his comfort zone.  I enjoyed Paul McDonald singing Rod Stewart...Ryan Adams, not so much. I hope he sticks around though. I like his skinny jutty dance moves and awkward pelvis thrusting. Say what?
Pia was good. And boring. And the judges threw out every 80's slang word to compliment her rendition of Celine Dion's "All By Myself." Next thing you know, Charlie Sheen will bring back 'gnarly.' James Durbin was glorious singing Paul McCartney "Maybe I'm Amazed." He'll be around for awhile, maybe to the end.
(Bring back your tail scarf please)
One of my favorite performances of the night was Haley singing LeAnn Rime's "Blue." I love me a little yodel and ALMOST wanted to watch her sing it again. Which, is saying a lot for someone with severe ADD (self-diagnosed.)  Jacob, Jacob. I already commented on you. Til next week. If I've said it once, I've said it a jillion times...I don't like BORING. Thia Megia, this isn't a talent search at the local high school or fairgrounds, this is American Idol. Do SOMETHING. I don't care, anything! Boring McBorey-son. Karen Rodriguez sang "I Could Fall in Love" by Selena and looked like JLO trying to be Selena and was a little all over the place. Cute stack o' bangles though. The people who got a second chance, the wild-carders, did decent. Sefano Langone sang Stevie Wonder's "Lately" and it was a skosh to me like someone wound him up and then pulled the string and kicked him out on the stage where he proceeded to spin around like a crazy person. He can sing though. I dont' think Ashton Jones is a good singer, decent, but not good. Although, I do love her afro. Love it. And, last but not least Naima sang Rihann's "Umbrella." Now, this seems like a super hard song to sing so props to her for tackling it in the first place. And, if you hated or loved it it was NOT BORING. She rapped, yelled FIRE randomly and spun around...nice work.
My predictions for getting not getting through this week: Karen Rodriguez and Paul McDonald
Fashion Fashion